Porcelain Veneers FAQs
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Also known as dental veneers or Porcelain dental laminates, porcelain veneers are very thin shells of porcelain that become part of yourteeth. Porcelain veneers are commonly used to instantly straighten and brighten teeth, and improve your smile. Dr. Botbol along with our master ceramist, custom designs each porcelain veneer, taking into account the colors, angles, thicknesses and other variables unique to your teeth.
How can Porcelain Veneers improve my smile?
Porcelain veneers can be used in a number of different ways. The most common uses are to:
- Repair minortooth imperfections and defects.
- Cover over and conceal fillings that have become stained or discolored.
- Make color changes to teeth that have permanent stains.
- Close the spaces between teeth.
How long will Porcelain Veneers last?
In most cases, porcelain veneers will last for several years. However, it is important to rememberthat specific properties of yourteeth, and specific elements of your lifestyle, may change the length of time that porcelain veneers last. With simple maintenance, they can last 15 years or longer!
What are the advantages of Porcelain Veneers compared to other types of Cosmetic Dental Bonding Procedures?
Porcelain veneers are superior to other types of cosmetic dental bonding procedures in several ways:
- Veneers look very life-like and natural.
- Veneers are highly stain resistant.
- Stain-producing products such as coffee, tea, and red wine will not adhere to the surface of your teeth. This means you don't have to worry about making changes to your lifestyle to accommodate your beautiful teeth.
How do I know if Porcelain Veneers are right for me?
If you desire a more beautiful and attractive smile and want to look younger and feel better about yourself, porcelain veneers maybe right foryou. In the instance where porcelain veneers cannot be used, such as on very weak or unhealthy teeth, Dr. Botbol can recommend different options such as crowns or dental implants.
How long does the fitting take and does it hurt?
Usually you will have to meet with our Toronto Cosmetic Dentist, Dr. Charles Botbol on at least two occasions; once for a complimentary initial consultation and once to have the procedure performed. The time spent varies widely depending on your unique needs. A local anesthetic is used and you will feel very comfortable.
What can I expect after the procedure is completed?
Expect a beautiful smile, a more youthful appearance and a more confident you. Once the procedure is complete, your porcelain veneers will feel just like your real teeth.
The cost of porcelain veneers depends on the number of teeth being treated. Porcelain veneers generally cost from $900 to $1500 per tooth. With our in office financing, a complete smile makeover is more affordable than ever and can be achieved for as low as $99/month. When considering the cost of porcelain veneers, you must take into account the skill level of the cosmetic dentist, the number of patients he has successfully treated and their longevity and attractiveness. Porcelain veneers are long lasting alternatives to other treatments such as bonding, which costless but must be repaired more often and lose their cosmetic appeal more quickly.
Dental veneers can serve as a beautiful — albeit expensive — solution forworn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment, abnormal spacing, chips and cracks. Although veneers can be pricey, people are often more than happy with their results and feel the benefits far outweigh the cost.
How much do Veneers cost?
The cost of dental veneers depends on many factors, including:
- The fees of the cosmetic dentist who performs the procedure.
- The artistic and technical skill ofthe ceramist making the veneers and the cosmetic dentist who is applying the veneers.
- The location where it is performed. Costs for dental veneers and all cosmetic dentistry procedures vary widely by region ofthe country, specifically from large metropolitan areas to smaller towns.
- The type of dental insurance you have (dental insurance typically does not cover cosmetic procedures).
- The material used.
- The number of teeth requiring veneers.
Contact Us Today to Schedule your Free Consultation!
Call 416-800-2542 or click here .