Dental Implants Toronto: All You Need To Know
When natural teeth are missing, bone loss will cause rapid aging and change to the facial structure. The muscles that are used for chewing will shorten due to the reduced space between your nose and chin, causing further damage when left unattended. Dental implants are able to halt this process and restore facial structure.
Consequences of Tooth/Teeth Loss without Replacement
- Speech may become difficult, especially when front teeth or multiple teeth are missing.
- Lips will appear thin and fold into the mouth due to lack of support.
- The opposing teeth may drift or over-erupt into the empty spaces. This can cause decay to occur and food can get trapped in between the spaces.
- It will become difficult to chew food properly which can result in indigestion or malnutrition, in extreme cases of missing teeth.
- Loss of bone due to missing teeth will cause poor appearance and damage youthful facial structure.
What are Dental Implants?
There are many different types and functions of dental implants. In general, a dental implant is used to replace the root part of a missing, broken, or infected tooth. An implant is a small metal or ceramic post that is inserted through the gum into the bone. Once the implant fuses with your bone, it can be used to support a single replacement tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire upper and/or lower arch. The crown, or replacement tooth/teeth, are securely fitted to the implant using a small attachment. Dental implants look, feel and function like regular teeth. They allow you to eat and chew normally, and with proper care dental implants can even last a lifetime.
How do I know if I am a candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a solution for people of all ages who have lost or are about to lose a tooth, multiple teeth, or even all of their teeth due to infection, accident or injury. People who have been previously told that they are not candidates for this life-changing procedure may now be able to benefit from dental implants or Permanent Teeth-in-1-Day.
Dental Implants: Toronto Reviews Before-And-After
5 Benefits of Dental Implants
- Preserve bone and jaw structure
- Restore ability to eat and speak properly
- Achieve natural teeth function
- Improve facial aesthetics and natural appearance of teeth
- Increase confidence and self-esteem
Why Choose StudioBDental.com for Your Dental Implants?
- Initial Consultation including Panoramic X-ray ($300 value)
- Faster Healing
- Extensive Experience
- One All-Inclusive Fee
- Flexible Payment Plans
- One Location
- 5 Year Continuing Care Warranty
- Countless Happy Patients for You to Speak With
What if I don’t have enough bone for Dental Implants?
90% of patients who have been previously told that they are not candidates for dental implants are candidates for the Permanent Teeth-in-1-Day procedure. This is because the Teeth-in-1-Day procedure maximizes the dense bone in the frontal jaw – so often, bone/sinus grafting is not required. If necessary, we can use bone grafting to increase the width or height of the bone. Sinus grafting can be used to shrink sinuses when teeth are too close together, in order to add bone. After bone or sinus grafting, there is usually a waiting period of a few to several months before placing implants.
How much pain is involved?
Patients generally report little pain and only moderate soreness, regardless of how many teeth are extracted. Any discomfort will usually subside within 72 hours or less. For the surgery itself, we offer sedation options including an on-site anesthesiologist who can provide conscious sedation.
Will my insurance benefits cover Dental Implants?
All insurance companies are different and therefore offer different sorts of coverage. Most insurance companies classify dental implants as a cosmetic procedure, which may not be covered under most plans. However, some insurance companies will cover some aspect of implant procedures and therefore it is important to find out what your plan covers. Typically, insurance companies may cover extractions necessary at $300-500 per extraction. As a courtesy, we will send a claim to your insurance company with all of the required documentation. There are also some insurance companies that will even help you finance your dental implant treatment.